Pages on this blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Twitterer of the Week: Eddie Pepitone

I have a twitter list of "ranty ravy" comedians. You can probably predict who several of them are. But no list of ranting stand-ups would be complete without Eddie Pepitone. I'm not a big fan of most ranters (for the record, no matter what Dennis Miller called them, those were not rants), but Pepitone is hilarious, and his rants don't feel gratuitous. For me, his appeal is in not sounding like he's ranting out of anger, so much as fear and confusion. Instead of saying 'If you don't see things like I do, I will ridicule you' his message seems to be 'If you don't see things like I do, please, take me with you.'

If you don't know his name, you might still recognize him from his work on so many other people's shows: The Sarah Silverman Program, King of Queens, Monk, Flight of the Concords, Weeds, Malcom in the Middle and much more. He's a regular on Marc Maron's live WTF episodes.

Usually, if the comedian's Twitter avatar doesn't make for a good profile image on these posts, I'll go find one that works better. When I saw that Pepitone's actual image file was so tiny, I laughed out loud, and almost went to look for a bigger image, but decided to leave it. I think that's what Eddie would want.

Most Recent Tweet:
Four Older Tweets:

No comments:

Post a Comment